General Manager (Bedworth)
Bedworth Based Role
We are a long established company operating both in the UK and overseas in the markets of medals, insignia, special commissions, military uniforms, masonic, fashion and design.
The company has recently been taken private by the same family which has owned the business since its inception. Following this change, and some recent sales successes, the company is now seeking to improve its UK operations. As the Company’s registered Head Office, textiles manufacturing operation and administrative hub, the full-time General Manager position in Bedworth is crucial to the success of the company.
Summary of role
- Responsible for the Bedworth sales teams inclusive of managing objectives, reviews and results
- Support Home and Export sales teams with in-depth knowledge on uniforms and accoutrements, both Civil and Military
- Responsible for overall Bedworth site management and logistics, inclusive of all areas
- Requirement to develop and implement a plan for improvement covering all operations on the Bedworth site
- Be a proactive member of the overall company operation and support day-to-day activities of the business
- This is a progressive position, and the General Manager reports to the board
- Experience in Ceremonial Uniforms and usage in the UK
- Familiarity with State Insignia and Honours Systems is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience in answering sales tender documentation is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience in Procurement & Sourcing is an advantage, but not essential
- Knowledge of, and experience in, Freemasonry is an advantage but not essential
- Military experience is beneficial, but not essential
- An understanding of traditional textile manufacturing techniques
- Clear demonstration of Organisational Skills
- Past experience, and success, in a position of leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy for the successful sales of police, fire, ambulance, military and health services uniform in the UK
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy for the sales of masonic regalia in both the UK and overseas
- Supporting sales with advice and support in answering opportunities that require specialist product knowledge
- Improve Bedworth Sales Pipeline
- Improve Sales ‘Lead to Close’ ratio
- Improve Bedworth processes (from customer order to manufacture, warehousing, and dispatch etc.).
- Keep track of the Bedworth budget and ensure it is used appropriately
- The Bedworth Site is located on Newtown Road in Bedworth, on the outskirts of Coventry
- The working hours for this position are 37.5 hours a week, but individuals will be expected to fulfil any work commitments that they may have which fall outside of this. Salary is to be advised upon application, depending on experience.
- Please send your application with covering letter and C.V. via email to: email@example.com